We can collapse time when we offer our brother love, when we mirror to him/her the love we would like for ourselves. Our brother gives us the opportunity to bring love to every situation.
Using a full length mirror, bring to mind a hurt or guilt or instance when you felt love was not present between you and a brother. Look at your image in the mirror – stare into your eyes – now superimpose over your brother’s likeness in the mirror, that of the person you wish to heal with you.
Now, out loud, talk with them about the love that was absent and that you would bring love to this situation now. Ask if the Holy Spirit would help by letting you feel the presence of love right now. Tell the person in the mirror that LOVE is present right now and dialogue until this feels peaceful and loving. Then end with “I love you, my brother, and I love myself”
This practice will help you get to love sooner and as we remember to be love in every “bad” or “painful” situation, with this practice, we will notice:
- My brother and I are one.
- There is no place where love is not.
- My brother is there for my salvation.
- If we practice with a mirror out loud, the words will come more easily in the moment of pain.
- We can learn that love can be the “knee jerk” reaction instead of fear, anger, or guilt.
Blessings in Peace
Rev. Deb Brown